Tuesday, June 28, 2011


I long to see Thee as thou wert before, with the crown, the sceptre and the discus in Thy
hands; in Thy other Form, with Thy four hands, O Thou Whose arms are countless and
Whose forms are infinite.


Lord Shri Krishna replied: My beloved friend! It is only through My grace and power that
thou hast been able to see this vision of splendour, the Universal, the Infinite, the Original.
Never has it been seen by any but thee.


Not by study of the scriptures, not by sacrifice or gift, not by ritual or rigorous austerity, is
it possible for man on earth to see what thou hast seen, O thou foremost hero of the Kuru-
clan!


Be not afraid or bewildered by the terrible vision. Put away thy fear and, with joyful mind,
see Me once again in My usual Form.”


Sanjaya continued: “Having thus spoken to Arjuna, Lord Shri Krishna showed Himself again in
His accustomed form; and the Mighty Lord, in gentle tones, softly consoled him who lately trembled
with fear.


Arjuna said: Seeing Thee in Thy gentle human form, my Lord, I am myself again, calm
once more.


Lord Shri Krishna replied: It is hard to see this vision of Me that thou hast seen. Even the
most powerful have longed for it in vain.


Not by study of the scriptures, or by austerities, not by gifts or sacrifices, is it possible to
see Me as thou hast done.


Only by tireless devotion can I be seen and known; only thus can a man become one with
Me, O Arjuna!


He whose every action is done for My sake, to whom I am the final goal, who loves Me
only and hates no one – O My dearest son, only he can realize Me!”


Thus, in the Holy Book the Bhagavad Gita, one of the Upanishads, in the Science of the Supreme
Spirit, in the Art of Self-Knowledge, in the colloquy between the Divine Lord Shri Krishna and the
Prince Arjuna, stands the eleventh chapter, entitled: The Cosmic Vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment