Tuesday, June 28, 2011


Please tell me all about Thy glorious manifestations, by means of which Thou pervadest
the world.


O Master! How shall I, by constant meditation, know Thee? My Lord! What are Thy
various manifestations through which I am to mediate on Thee?


Tell me again, I pray, about the fullness of Thy power and Thy glory; for I feel that I am
never satisfied when I listen to Thy immortal words.


Lord Shri Krishna replied: So be it, My beloved fried! I will unfold to thee some of the chief
aspects of My glory. Of its full extent there is no end.


O Arjuna! I am the Self, seated in the hearts of all beings; I am the beginning and the life,
and I am the end of them all.


Of all the creative Powers I am the Creator, of luminaries the Sun; the Whirlwind among
the winds, and the Moon among planets.


Of the Vedas I am the Hymns, I am the Electric Force in the Powers of Nature; of the
senses I am the Mind; and I am the Intelligence in all that lives.


Among Forces of Vitality I am the life, I am Mammon to the heathen and the godless; I am
the Energy in fire, earth, wind, sky, heaven, sun, moon and planets; and among mountains
I am the Mount Meru.


Among the priests, know, O Arjuna, that I am the Apostle Brihaspati; of generals I am
Skanda, the Commander-in-Chief, and of waters I am the Ocean.


Of the great seers I am Bhrigu, of words I am Om, of offerings I am the silent prayer,
among things immovable I am the Himalayas.


Of trees I am the sacred Fig-tree, of the Divine Seers Narada, of the heavenly singers I am
Chitraratha, their Leader, and of sages I am Kapila.


Know that among horses I am Pegasus, the heaven-born; among the lordly elephants I am
the White one, and I am the Ruler among men.


I am the Thunderbolt among weapons; of cows I am the Cow of Plenty, I am Passion in
those who procreate, and I am the Cobra among serpents.


I am the King-python among snakes, I am the Aqueous Principle among those that live in
water, I am the Father of fathers, and among rulers I am Death.


And I am the devotee Prahlad among the heathen; of Time I am the Eternal Present; I am
the Lion among beasts and the Eagle among birds.


I am the Wind among purifiers, the King Rama among warriors; I am the Crocodile
among the fishes, and I am the Ganges among rivers.


I am the Beginning, the Middle and the End in creation; among sciences, I am the science
of Spirituality; I am the Discussion among disputants.

No comments:

Post a Comment