Tuesday, June 28, 2011


Lord Shri Krishna replied: I have shown myself to thee as the Destroyer who lays waste the
world and whose purpose is destruction. In spite of thy efforts, all these warriors gathered
for battle shall not escape death.


Then gird up thy loins and conquer. Subdue thy foes and enjoy the kingdom in prosperity.
I have already doomed them. Be thou my instrument, Arjuna!


Drona and Bheeshma, Jayadratha and Karna, and other brave warriors – I have
condemned them all. Destroy them; fight and fear not. Thy foes shall be crushed.”


Sanjaya continued: “Having heard these words from the Lord Shri Krishna, the Prince Arjuna,
with folded hands trembling, prostrated himself and with choking voice, bowing down again and
again, and overwhelmed with awe, once more addressed the Lord.


Arjuna said: My Lord! It is natural that the world revels and rejoices when it sings the
praises of Thy glory; the demons fly in fear and the saints offer Thee their salutations.


How should they do otherwise? O Thou Supremest Self, greater than the Powers of
creation, the First Cause, Infinite, the Lord of Lords, the Home of the universe,
Imperishable, Being and Not-Being, yet transcending both.


Thou art the Primal God, the Ancient, the Supreme Abode of this universe, the Knower,
the Knowledge and the Final Home. Thou fillest everything. Thy form is infinite.


Thou art the Wind, Thou art Death, Thou art the Fire, the Water, the Moon, the Father and
the Grandfather. Honour and glory to Thee a thousand and a thousand times! Again and
again, salutation be to Thee, O my Lord!


Salutations to Thee in front and on every side, Thou who encompasseth me round about.
Thy power is infinite; Thy majesty immeasurable; thou upholdest all things; yea,Thou
Thyself art All.


Whatever I have said unto Thee in rashness, taking Thee only for a friend and addressing
Thee as `O Krishna! O Yadava! O Friend!’ in thoughtless familiarity, no understanding
Thy greatness;


Whatever insult I have offered to Thee in jest, in sport or in repose, in conversation or at
the banquet, alone or in a multitude, I ask Thy forgiveness for them all, O Thou Who
art without an equal!


For Thou art the Father of all things movable and immovable, the Worshipful, the Master
of Masters! In all the worlds there is none equal to Thee, how then superior, O Thou who
standeth alone, Supreme.


Therefore I prostrate myself before Thee, O Lord! Most Adorable! I salute Thee, I ask Thy
blessing. Only Thou canst be trusted to bear with me, as father to son, as friend to friend,
as lover to his beloved.


I rejoice that I have seen what never man saw before; yet, O Lord! I am overwhelmed with
fear. Please take again the Form I know. Be merciful, O Lord! thou Who are the Home of
the whole universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment