Tuesday, June 28, 2011


Of letters I am A; I am the copulative in compound words; I am Time inexhaustible; and
I am the all-pervading Preserver.


I am all-devouring Death; I am the Origin of all that shall happen; I am Fame, Fortune,
Speech, Memory, Intellect, Constancy and Forgiveness.


Of hymns I am Brihatsama, of metres I am Garatri, among the months I am
Margasheersha (December), and I am the Spring among seasons.


I am the Gambling of the cheat and the Splendour of the splendid; I am Victory; I am
Effort; and I am the Purity of the pure.


I am Shri Krishna among the Vishnu-clan and Arjuna among the Pandavas; of the saints
I am Vyasa, and I am Shukracharya among the sages.


I am the Sceptre of rulers, the Strategy of the conquerors, the Silence of mystery, the
Wisdom of the wise.


I am the Seed of all being, O Arjuna! No creature moving or unmoving can live without
Me.


O Arjuna! The aspects of My divine life are endless. I have mentioned but a few by way of
illustration.


Whatever is glorious, excellent, beautiful and mighty, be assured that it comes from a
fragment of My splendour.


But what is the use of all these details to thee? O Arjuna! I sustain this universe with only
small part of Myself.”


Thus, in the Holy Book the Bhagavad Gita, one of the Upanishads, in the Science of the Supreme
Spirit, in the Art of Self-Knowledge, in the colloquy between the Divine Lord Shri Krishna and the
Prince Arjuna, stands the tenth chapter, entitled: The Divine Manifestations.

No comments:

Post a Comment