Tuesday, June 28, 2011


TEN: THE DIVINE MANIFESTATIONS


“Lord Shri Krishna said: Now, O Prince! Listen to My supreme advice, which I give thee for
the sake of thy welfare, for thou art My beloved.


Neither the professors of divinity nor the great ascetics know My origin, for I am the
source of them all.


He who knows Me as the unborn, without beginning, the Lord of the universe, he,
stripped of his delusion, becomes free from all conceivable sin.


Intelligence, wisdom, non-illusion, forgiveness, truth, self-control, calmness, pleasure,
pain, birth, death, fear and fearlessness;


Harmlessness, equanimity, contentment, austerity, beneficence, fame and failure, all these,
the characteristics of beings, spring from Me only.


The seven Great Seers,* the Progenitors of mankind, the Ancient Four,** and the
Lawgivers were born of My Will and come forth direct from Me. The race of mankind has
sprung from them.


[* Mareechi, Atri, Angira, Pulah, Kratu, Pulastya, Vahishta.


** The Masters: Sanak, Sanandan, Sanatan, Sanatkumar.]


He who rightly understands My manifested glory and My Creative Power, beyond doubt
attains perfect peace.


I am the source of all; from Me everything flows. Therefore the wise worship Me with
unchanging devotion.


With minds concentrated on Me, with lives absorbed in Me, and enlightening each other,
they ever feel content and happy.


To those who are always devout and who worship Me with love, I give the power of
discrimination, which leads them to Me.


By My grace, I live in their hearts; and I dispel the darkness of ignorance by the shining
light of wisdom.


Arjuna asked: Thou art the Supreme Spirit, the Eternal Home, the Holiest of the Holy, the
Eternal Divine Self, the Primal God, the Unborn and the Omnipresent.


So have said the seers and the divine sage Narada; as well as Asita, Devala and Vyasa; and
Thou Thyself also sayest it.


I believe in what Thou hast said, my Lord! For neither the godly not the godless
comprehend Thy manifestation.


Thou alone knowest Thyself, by the power of Thy Self; Thou the Supreme Spirit, the
Source and Master of all being, the Lord of Lords, the Ruler of the Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment